How to Use This Handbook
This handbook presents a comprehensive collection of civil engineering calculation procedures useful to practicing civil engineers, surveyors, structural designers, drafters, candidates for professional engineering licenses, and students. Engineers in other disciplines—mechanical, electrical, chemical, environmental, etc.—will also find this handbook useful for making occasional calculations outside their normal field of specialty.
Each calculation procedure presented in this handbook gives numbered steps for performing the calculation, along with a numerical example illustrating the important concepts in the procedure. Many procedures include “Related Calculations” comments, which expand the application of the computation method presented.
All calculation procedures in this handbook use both the USCS (United States Customary System) and the SI (System International) for numerical units. Hence, the calculation procedures presented are useful to engineers throughout the world.
Major calculation procedures presented in this handbook include stress and strain, flexural analysis, deflection of beams, statically indeterminate structures, steel beams and columns, riveted and welded connections, composite members, plate girders, load and resistance factor design method (LRFD) for structural steel design, plastic design of steel structures, reinforced and prestressed concrete engineering and design, surveying, route design, highway bridges, timber engineering, soil mechanics, fluid mechanics, pumps, piping, water supply and water treatment, wastewater treatment and disposal, hydropower, and engineering economics.
After completion of your course, you will get your results through your mail.
- Over 3 lectures and 35 Minutes of content!
- Learn How to use handbook your own desk.
- Information packed practical training starting from basics to advanced testing techniques.
- Best suitable for beginners to advanced level users and who learn faster when demonstrated.
- Course content designed by considering current software testing technology and the job market.
- Practical assignments at the end of every session.
- A practical learning experience with live project work and examples.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 4 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 4
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes